As we enter into a new week, we remain fully committed to ensuring people affected by dementia are able to access support during this difficult time.
We again would like to thank our team for being so dedicated, innovative and resourceful. Despite having to adapt our services to protect the people we support and our staff and volunteers, we have been able to offer some really strong alternatives to people. Everything we have achieved during this time would not be possible without the hard work of every single member of our team.
Reflecting back on last week we have so many successes to be proud of including;
- Helping Darent Valley Hospital and Livingstone Hospital to discharge medically fit patients
- Being involved in multiple discussions with local authorities and the CCG to identify how we can help the local hospitals and our community
- Continuing our Support at Home care service for people who need assistance with personal care and medications
- Continuing to make welfare calls to the people we support
- Creating a coronavirus support area on our website with information, exercise and wellness ideas and useful links
- Setting up a closed Facebook group for the people we support to share tips and advice, ask questions and socialise with those in a similar situation to them
- 17 people attending Virtual Singing Back the Memories delivered via Zoom
- We also successfully delivered our first Virtual Dartford Peer Support group via zoom
- We have created weekly activity packs which are being sent to those who attend The Beacon and activity groups to keep people active, involved and engaged
Each member of the team is integral to everything we are achieving, and we couldn’t be prouder.
It’s an extremely challenging time for charities with the loss of a significant amount of income, so this week we have launched an to ensure we can continue making a difference to the lives of people affected by dementia. If you are in a position to do so, please will you consider helping us to continue supporting people affected by dementia through this incredibly difficult period, by giving just £5 today?
Lastly we wanted to reassure everyone that we, and our amazing team are committed to helping everyone effected by dementia, in our area, to get through this difficult time.
Katie Antill & Sarah Taylor
Joint Chief Executive Officers