Moving and Positioning
This session is facilitated by our in-house trainer Debbie Howard who has gained experience supporting people living with dementia over many years.
We offer monthly sessions at our hub Safeharbour Memory Wellbeing Centre.
The learning outcomes of this session are:
- Have an awareness of the relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Be able to identify the anatomy and biomechanics of the spine
- Have an awareness of how back injuries are caused
- Be able to identify the principles of safer Moving & Handling of people with mobility problems
- Be able to identify the process of Risk Assessment and its relevance to them
- Have practiced and demonstrated relevant techniques for the safer Moving and Handling of people
We also offer bespoke moving and positioning training to other organisations.
If you would like more information about taking part in a session please contact Debbie Howard on 01474 533990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org