Become A Trustee
Do you want to change the lives of people affected by dementia?
We are looking for a talented, dedicated and dynamic new Finance Trustees to join our Board. If you are a qualified accountant or finance professional and are passionate about the care and support for people affected by dementia, we would love to hear from you.
About Alzheimer’s & Dementia Support Services
We are an award-winning Kent charity and have an ambitious five year strategy that aims to reach more people and respond to the changing landscape for people affected by dementia. The charity’s 30-year history and reputation for excellence enables it to empower and support people living with dementia to live their chosen lifestyle. We equip people with the knowledge and practical support to live with dementia.
Too many people affected by dementia do not get the vital social care, support, and guidance they need. We use our person-centred experience of dementia to define and implement social care services, from diagnosis to end of life, that reduce the devastating impact the disease can have.
Everyone living with dementia, in Kent and Medway, gets the support they need to live the life they want.
Our mission is to give people affected by dementia the knowledge, support and care they need to take back control of their lives, take part in family and community life and manage their symptoms.
- In being person centred and focused on people’s abilities.
- In being caring and compassionate in all we do.
- In working together to deliver excellence in the information, support and services we provide.
- In acting with integrity and honesty at all times.
- That everyone’s rights and dignity should be promoted.
- In being inclusive and embracing everyone in our community.
About the role
The role of a Trustee is very rewarding, but also hard work and a real commitment. We are looking for an experienced trustee (although this is not essential) with the finance and accountancy skills to help ensure the charity can meet the needs of the growing population of people affected by dementia in Dartford, Gravesend, Swanley and across Kent. Training and support will be provided.
You will be an excellent team player with effective communication skills. You will have the skills necessary to help govern and lead the charity. We welcome anyone with a personal experience of dementia to apply.
Trustees are required to:
- Attend monthly Board or Sub Committee Meetings (remote access is possible).
- Read the necessary reports and agendas (these are usually sent via email one week before the meeting).
- Spend time getting to know the work of the charity.
- Be available for the annual general meeting.
- Be available for annual trustee team days.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please send a CV and covering letter to:
Joint Chief Executive Officer
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Support Services, Safeharbour, Coldharbour Road, Northfleet, Kent, DA11 8AE
All suitable candidates will be asked to complete a Trustee Eligibility Form* and meet with the Joint CEO. The Board of Trustees will then invite candidates to a Board Meeting for an informal discussion about suitability and the role.
*Suitability is subject to Charity Commission rules, two suitable references and a DBS check.