Please use the options below to make our site more accessible to you.

Zoom Browser :

Zoom to 120%

Zoom to 140%

Zoom to 160%

A A A ccessiblity

Kent Advocacy Logo



If you are affected by dementia, you can make a referral to Kent Advocacy for yourself, on behalf of a friend or on behalf of a family member, if you or your relative/friend has a particular issue for which they need support to:


• Express their views, wishes and needs

• Be listened to

• Know and understand their rights

• Ensure they can be involved in a decision that needs to be made


1) For our Community Advocacy service, one of these needs to apply to you or the relative/friend you are referring to us:

  •  Autistic Spectrum Disorder
  • Dementia
  • Hearing impairment
  • Mental health difficulty
  • Older person
  • Physical disability
  • Sight impairment

 2) If you want to make a complaint about treatment you have received in a NHS service or service paid for by the NHS.  Before making a referral, we suggest you look at our self-help resources to see what the complaints process involves and what action you may be able to take without involving an advocate.

 3) If you or the person being referred is detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 or subject to recall to hospital, the referral will go to an Independent Mental Health Advocate. An IMHA can help explain how the law applies to them and how to participate in, or appeal against, the plans made for their care and treatment.


Please note

Referrals for people with learning disabilities should continue to be made directly to Advocacy for All.


Click here to go to their website

Copyright Alzheimers & Dementia 2012 Site Designed and Developed by Liquid Computing